If First Impressions Are Lasting Impressions, Make Them Count!!
Are you someone that is full of energy or are you usually exhausted? Are you someone who often has a negative attitude about life and very judgmental of others or are you hopeful and open-minded about the future and new opportunities?
How do you want the world to EXPERIENCE YOU?
It all starts with a first impression! Some believe you can tell a lot about a person in the first 30 seconds of meeting. I say within the first 5 seconds, you can actually draw a conclusion about a person by the way they dress and the energy they present. It may not be an accurate conclusion, but it definitely gives a small indication of a person’s disposition.
Whether you know it or not, your clothing says a lot about how you may feel about yourself. On many occasions, sweats and jumpsuits are my wardrobe of choice when I’m out running errands and shopping for the week because I want to be comfortable. But, I’ve also learned how to be comfortable in professional attire that says, “I value my appearance. I take our meeting seriously and I’m excited to be here.”
YOUR WEEKLY TIP:
I’ve learned to include my personality in my wardrobe and I encourage you to do the same. Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Accentuate your natural beauty. If you wear make up, make sure it highlights your natural beauty and doesn’t stand out all by itself taking all the attention away from your beautiful eyes that only need a little mascara or your lips that can use a light-colored gloss. If your personality screams excitement, then have fun with make up, but be mindful of your environment. A job interviewer will expect to see a polished look with minimal makeup.
2. Clean clothing on a clean body goes a long way. Bathing twice a day is ideal, once in the morning and once before bed. Your body collects a lot of bacteria throughout the day and when you sleep, you sweat! The cleaner you are, the more confident and better you feel when you go out into the world. Light scented perfumes and essential oils are fine, as long as you’re careful not to put too much on. The hint or faint smell of a perfumed-scent is always appreciated.
3. A great hairstyle can really say a lot about your personal style. Take a look in a few magazines and find a model who wears her hair in a way that speaks to you! What is it about that hairstyle that makes her special? How can you recreate it with your own twist? Be sure to look for models that have the same head shape and face as you do. Some hairstyles can often make you look older or younger than you really are. In the end, it all depends on what you think looks best!
4. Your smile sets the mood, but your COLOR sets the tone. Do you have a favorite color? Wear it often in your clothing. It helps identify a part of your personality. Accessorize your color with scarves, jewelry, handbags, and shoes.
5. Seek to buy clothing that compliments the body you have NOT the body you want! It is so easy to think that just because we can fit into a garment, we can wear it. If it doesn’t flatter your figure, leave it in the store.
I’d love to see you in your best attire!!!! If you want another opinion on your look, send your best pics to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!!!!
Wanna receive more tips and learn the “Top 3 Mistakes Moms Are Making with Their Teen Daughters“? Cllck here!